Design Your Own Teacher Continuing Education Course
Teacher Continuing Education Online offers a self-designed teaching program, which allows you to choose from a variety of formats to help you create your own Continuing Education Curriculum. This program allows you the flexibility to select from the rich repertoire of professional books, articles, audio, and video materials that fit your unique interests as well as create a self-designed course agenda and objectives that meet your individual continuing education needs!
How does a Self-Designed Course Work?
- Choose resources (book, journal article, audio, or video recording) that relate to your scope of curriculum. Create a course description, goals, objectives, and agenda for your self-designed curriculum.
- Fill out the Self-Designed Course Syllabus Application.
- Await for Teacher Continuing Education Online staff approval (3-5 business days).
- Complete and sign an “Academic Integrity Statement”.
- Complete your course objectives and course agenda.
- Complete and sign a “Time Log” which tracks the hours you spend on your course.
- Complete the Post-Test that consists of four brief essay questions.
- Return completed work (Self-Designed Course Syllabus, Academic Integrity Statement, Time Log, and Post Test) by fax 1-866-644-5426 or e-mail Jon@teacheredonline.org
- Receive your Certificate after successful completion of all required information. We will grade your post-test and send you a Continuing Education Certificate within 14 days of receiving it. Remember– the date we receive your successfully completed post-test is the date we put on your certificate and the date you receive credit.